CDM Smith. was retained by MDWASD to provide Design Services for all improvements required Ocean Outfall Legislation (OOL) Program at all three Miami-Dade Wastewater Treatment Plants. METCO, as one of the major subconsultants, is responsible to develop Design Report and Detailed Design Documents related to Electrical, I&C and HVAC system.
The new Injection Well Pump Station is intended to pump treated effluent through a pressurized conveyance system to seven new injection wells for final disposal. The proposed Pump Station is comprised of Eight (8) 900 HP Pumps, each rated for a capacity of 19 MGD.
Under this specific task Order , METCO was tasked to develop Preliminary design Task memorandum and detailed design documents for major Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire protection System upgrades associated with new Injection Well Pump Station and associated Electrical Substations at Central District WWTP of WASD.
METCO is responsible to perform the tasked services for the following elements of improvements under this project.
- Determine NFPA 820 Hazardous area classification for the new Injection Well Pump Station.
- Design complete electrical distribution system new Injection Well Pump Station including Substations, eight, 900 HP MV- VFD system for the new pumps, MCCs and all other related building electrical system such as LED lighting system, lightning protection system and fire alarm system etc.
- Design of new Four (4) Substations to be located within the Injection Well Pump Station Building.
- Design of complete HVAC system for the new Injection Well Pump Station and Electrical Building.
- Design Fire Protection for various areas of new Injection Well Pump Station Building.