Stantec was retained by MDWASD to provide Design Services related to Consent Decree Projects at all three Wastewater Treatment Plants (Central, South and North District). METCO, as one of the subconsultants, is responsible for developing Design Report and Detailed Design Documents related to Electrical, I&C and HVAC system improvements in various process areas at these Wastewater Treatment Plants.
As part of the Master Contract for the Program, METCO was tasked to develop Preliminary Design Task Memorandum, Detailed Design Documents and Construction Assistance Services for major Electrical, and I&C improvements associated to the Digesters and Control Buildings at South District WWTP of WASD.
METCO was responsible to provide the above services for the following key project elements:
- Renovation of digester systems for Clusters 1 and 2.
- Removal and replacement of all mechanical and electrical systems within the existing control buildings.
- Renovation of the digester gas system.
- Replacement of the existing digester mixing systems with pump mix systems for each digester.
- New digester heating systems.
- Replacement of existing floating covers with new floating covers.
- Sludge transfer using dedicated new transfer pumps for each cluster.
- New climate controlled electrical rooms to be located within each of the existing control buildings.
- Four new acid phase pretreatment tanks.
- Control and equipment building for the two new acid phase pretreatment tanks.
- Replacement or upgrade of ventilation, plumbing and fire protection systems.